MMA, Facebook, Google SA, Film and Publication Board (FPB), MTN, Depart of Communication and Digital Technologies (DCDT) and Diana Schwarz Attorneys are inviting all SA learners between the ages of 12-17 years to be part of the Web Rangers Programme.
Web Rangers is an international digital literacy programme designed to empower young people to become digital citizens who know how to use the internet responsibly and encourage their peers to do the same!
If you work with children or know a young person who is passionate about using the internet for good, and would like to join hundreds of Web Rangers across the world who have learnt to use the internet and social media to make their country a better place – here is what they need to know:
How the programme works
- Learners, between the ages of 12-17 years from SA ONLY complete an entry form.
- Learners MUST be in grade 6-11 ONLY.
- We only accept learners that have not been previously trained as Web Rangers.
- Once parents give permission, learners get notified, and added to group chat and important
dates for training communicated.
- All selected Learners will receive data for training and communication – 1 gig monthly for 3
months. This data will be monitored and if learners mis-use the data provided,they will be
expelled from the programme.
- Training is compulsory for all selected learners and should learners not complete tasks, they will
be expelled from the programme.
- In addition to the training sessions, learners will be required to hold weekly WhatsApp meetings
with other Web Rangers to discuss what they have learnt and how they will conduct their
programme outreach activities.
- Learners will also take part in a campaign competition, where the best campaign video is
awarded a prize
To view the full list of terms and conditions, read the terms and conditions downloadable here.
Please click HERE , should any of your learners want to apply.
If you have any questions, contact us on webrangersSA@gmail.com/ or send us a message here https://webrangers.co.za/contact-us/
We can’t wait to welcome all our Web Rangers!